1. To eliminate all forms of authoritarianism; to uphold democratic principles and institutionalize democratic practices.
2. To build an economically stable and progressive nation based on the free market system where private entrepreneurship is encouraged and direct Government participation in business is minimized.
3. To foster a vibrant and dynamic society based on pluralism and diversity; to replace elitism with free competition and equal opportunity for all Singaporeans especially in the area of education; to remove all policies that discriminate against the less fortunate, women and minorities; to do away with excessive regulation that stifles innovation, creativity, and adventurism.
4. To restore a proper system of checks-and-balance in the polity and to ensure the independence of the judiciary; to encourage Singaporeans to participate in the nation’s political process; to respect human, civil, and political rights of Singaporeans; to achieve a free-flow of information in the society.
"We, the members of the Singapore Democratic Party, pledge to bear true faith and allegiance to the Republic of Singapore, and to remain loyal to the creed of the Party by protecting and defending our nation's interests in pursuit of democracy, justice, and equal opportunity for all Singaporeans."
III. Our Vision:
Our vision is to create a Singapore that takes care of all her sons and daughters, young and old. Our nation must be one where the people are free and bold, with a strong sense of achievement tempered by an equally fierce regard for compassion and justice.
As a nation, we must not only show tolerance but also acceptance of our fellow citizens regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation, or political persuasion. Discrimination of our fellow human beings has been one human frailty that has wreaked much destruction and misery.
The Singapore Democrats will endeavour to build our vision and, in doing so, turn our nation into a beacon of hope for one and all. Our manifesto below spells out clearly the alternative policies for our country:
- Establishing a free and democratic political system.
- Building a free market economy driven by the people, not the Government.
- Developing a more equitable distribution of income and wealth.
- Ensuring that the CPF system returns the savings to the people.
- Freeing the media.
- Reforming the education system.
- Fostering a caring and pluralistic society.
IV. SDP - Competent. Constructive. Compassionate.
The Singapore Democrats have a set of Cs we aspire to - competence, constructiveness, and compassion. These are the qualities we have been working to build up the SDP as an opposition party that will be speaking up and fighting on your behalf. It is also a message of a clear alternative vision. The SDP is your voice.
LEAVE A COMMENT
Until we get some honest answers, w...
Speeches by the SDP at the Water Price Hike Rally
Social media still the way to effec...
They help bridge gap between larger society and politics in a depoliticised society like Singapore
CALD workshop on online campaign
Workshop on a successful online campaign