This post is at least a year old. Some of the links in this post may no longer work correctly.
The SDP is calling for applications for the Mohd Isa Bursary Award set up to assist students from lower-income families. The initiative is part of the party’s effort to level up society through education.
As in past years, primary and secondary school students will be chosen to receive the Awards which range from $500 for secondary school students and $300 for primary school students. Below are details for the application process:
- Singapore citizen or either parent is a Singapore citizen
- Full-time student in a government school/education institution (primary to secondary)
- Per capita household income (gross) of $450/month or less (this is computed as follows: Total net income of everyone in the household divided by the number of people in the household)
- Photocopy of Student Pass of the applicant
- Photocopy of Birth Certificates/NRICs of applicant and all household members (both paternal and maternal)
- Year 2015 mid-year and final-year exam results
- Latest Income Tax Assessment form or pay slips or CPF Contribution History for all working adults (including self-employed) in the household. Working adults who do not have a fixed salary must produce the pay slips of the last 3 months of CPF contribution history
- Latest CPF Contribution History of all non-working adults in the household
- Applications must be submitted by 20 March 2016.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- Applicant must submit the application form together with the supporting documents listed to:
3 Ang Mo Kio Street 62, #02-30,
In a system stacked in favour of the elite, pupils lower on the socioeconomic scale are often unfairly disadvantaged. This Award is a modest start in our effort to assist students from poorer backgrounds to compete more fairly with their peers.