This post is at least a year old. Some of the links in this post may no longer work correctly.
SDP FUTSAL COMPETITION 2011
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The 1st SDP Futsal Competition will be held on Saturday, 1 October 2011 from 2pm to 7pm at the [email protected] Association at 69 Balestier Road. Please read he following rules and regulations regarding the tournament before submitting the Registration Form below:
1. Winners will be awarded the SDP Challenge Trophy with the champion team’s name engraved on the trophy.
2. Medals will be given to players of the champions, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up.
3. A total of 12 teams will play for the championship.
4. The registration fee is $80 per team.
Eligibility and Entry
1. The competition is open to members of the public below 23 years of age.
2. Each team consists of a minimum of 6 players with 3 reserves.
3. The Registration Form must be submitted by 21 September 2011.
Format of competition
1. Playing time
- Each game will last 10 minutes with no change of halves or interval.
- The rolling substitution system is adopted for this event ie. teams can bring on their substitutes without waiting for a stoppage.
- The substitute must alert the technical official/s before he/she can replace the outgoing player.
- The substitute must wait for the outgoing player to leave the court before joining the play.
- There will be one goalkeeper and five outfield players.
- Players can score from any part of the court as long as the ball is in play.
- When the ball goes out of play, throw-ins are replaced by kick-ins.
3. Play format
- The 12 teams will be divided into two groups in a round-robin format. 3 points are awarded for a win; 1 point for a draw & 0 point for a loss.
- The top two teams from each group will proceed to the semi-finals and the winners from each semi-final will play in the final.
- In the event of a tie in the semi-finals and the finals, the winner of the game will be decided on a penalty shoot-out of 3 penalty kicks. If the shoot-out still ends in a tie, the sudden death shoot-out will be applied to decide an eventual winner.
- In the event of a tie in the number of points, the outcome will be based on:
i. better goal difference (Goals For minus Goals Against)
ii. greater number of goals scored (Goals For)
4. Fixture Draw
The briefing/draw will be conducted on prior to the competition on the 1 October 2011 at 2pm Team captains or a representative must be present for the meeting.
1. Please be punctual.
2. Please wear proper sports attire, eg. T-shirt, shorts/sports pants and sports shoes. Avoid wearing all black attire.
3. For safety reasons jewellery, adornments and accessories are not allowed to be worn during the games. However, religious headgear and sports bands are permitted. Players with spectacles are advised to remove them or secure them with spectacle bands.
1. Sliding tackles/tackles from behind are prohibited. The referee will eject the offending player from the court.
2. The referee/Organising Committee reserve the right to eject any player who indulges in any form of serious foul play, brings the game into disrepute or behaves in an offensive, unruly or abusive manner towards other players, officials or members of the Organising Committee. A team may be disqualified from the Competition if it infringes this rule.
3. Any dispute or complaint should be raised to the referee during the day of the competition. The referee shall decide there and then. The decision of the referee in any dispute or complaint is final.
Change of Rules
The Organising Committee reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations as and when appropriate. The decision of the Organising Committee in any dispute is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
The SDP, appointed contractors, sponsors, appointed officials and staff shall not be responsible for any mishap, injury or loss of life that may be suffered by participants and supporters before, during or after the event.
To register your team, please click here.